Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Happenings

Friends, it has been a long time. We have had one hell of a summer here in L-town. We are beginning to heal from the loss of our boy, but we still miss him and the joy he brought to our lives. Charles' allergies have been on the rampage and no amount of allergy medication brings him satisfactory relief. I am feeling much better after a two month bout with my thyroid. After many visits to the doctor and endocrinologist, they've ruled out Grave's disease and hyperthyroidism. We were quite relieved to receive that news, and these days, my health is on the mend.

We are so truly blessed to have such a lovely, supporting family. To aide in my recovery, our eternally optimistic Aunt Peggy and magnanimous Momma-in-Law Judy came to stay for a week at a time. Lucy, Charles, and I loved every second we got to spend with each woman. They were a great help to all of us, and we will be forever indebted and grateful.

And now onto what people really read the blog for...Lucy! Here she is with her Papi. She's just learned to wave and blow kisses. Here she is blowing kisses to Mom.


Due to sheer laziness and desperate need of a haircut, I have been wearing a hat most days. Lucy, wanting to be like Mom, also likes to wear hats around the house.

This is from a few weeks ago. Papa Walter and Grandma Boo came over for a nice dinner and visit with Lucy. We just love them.

Along with a love of her Grandma J, Lucy has developed a love of Twizzlers (also thanks to Grandma J). This must truly be genetic because if anyone knows Charles, they know he can polish off a whole bag by himself!

Grandma, Grandbaby photos... Here they are on their first full day together for the first time since the Spring. Once again they became fast friends.

Exchanging "tall tales" and stories.

On their last morning together before Grandma left for home Lucy took a ride on her shoulders. Lucy's styles her own hair every morning after breakfast with a magic pomade... Pancake Syrup! It adds just enough texture and shine for a classy dame like Lucy.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sorry to hear about the health issues :( Those problems run rampant in my family so I am constantly getting checked and rechecked. No fun at all. But glad to hear you're doing better!

Sarah & Scott said...

i am so glad you are feeling better. i will stop by and bring you lunch one day this week - whatever you want! i miss you. lucy is adorable. she is getting so grown up!

love,
sarah

Sutton Family said...

She is starting to look more and more like Charles. Can't wait to see you guys. I'll give you a call soon.

Love ya
Em

Micah and Beth said...

I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well...I'd love to help if there's anything I can do.
I love the video of Lucy...she's got the sweetest little voice!
Beth

April & Alisha said...

I think we miss you guys more! I'm so sorry to hear about your health. I wish I was there to help you out. I can provide moral support over the phone :-) We should chat soon.