Monday, June 09, 2008

Baby Kisses, New Ride, and Road Trip

Going in for the kill...

Proof that Lucy really does love her sister.

We've been debating a double stroller now for months and months. Did we want one that housed the infant carrier? Did we want it tandem or side by side? What about a double jogger or the sit and stand? The options seemed overwhelming, especially because these bad boys can cost anywhere from $100 to $400. We wanted to get one that would last us for years to come, or at least until Lucy figures out the buckles and tray release.

Our decision became a little less complex when we realized that Zoe won't be in her carrier for too much longer. The weight capacity on it is 22 pounds, and our two month old is now 17 pounds. Also, after assessing my current level of physical fitness (or lack thereof), I came to the conclusion that jogging won't be anywhere in my near or distant future. Last week we killed two birds with one stone when Charles happened upon a website whose Britax convertibles were on sale. After perusing the rest of the sale items we found this beauty for 50% off. Both items were a steal with free tax and shipping. After being cooped up in the house only able to take the girls to places with shopping carts, I have a renewed sense of freedom!



Friday afternoon we took our first road trip as a family of four. One of Charles' best friends Will (see Willy's page) was getting married down at the lake. So we packed two suitcases, the double stroller, travel swing, portable DVD player, and cooler full of snacks for our one night trip. It was fun getting out of town, if only for 24 hours.

Lucy's latest thing is to walk and jump all over any bed she can climb up on. The problem? Our 20 month old toddler's depth perception is nil and she tends to fall on the floor. As soon as she stands up, either Charles or I say (in the most stern voice possible) "Sit your butt down!" Like any of our other disciplinary tactics, this one works only half the time. Here she is being completely defiant.



The best part of staying at a hotel is that there is usually a pool. Lucy has always loved to "swim" and is completely fearless in the water. After the storms rolled through Friday evening they reopened the pool and we suited up the girls. This is about how far Zoe made it into the water. Getting dressed is hard work and she fell asleep as soon as we headed down. Lucy on the other hand had a blast. She is our little water baby.





Happy Family! What do you think of girls' matching outfits as well as Lucy's gladiator sandals (courtesy of Grandma Penn)? That child has better shoe wardrobe than Charles or me, and that's saying a lot!


The beautiful bride and groom. The ceremony was waterfront and the view breathtaking. We had a great time and were happy to take part in witnessing their vows. Congratulations Will and Laura!

6 comments:

Tourtillot Family said...

The girls are so adorable! I can't wait to see Zoe up close. I am glad I am not the only one with a cool double stroller! I will try to call you later this week to catch up!

Tiffany said...

Love the stroller...I'm starting to wish we'd gone with a side by side :\ The girls look fabulous, Adam refuses to let me dress them up in matching outfits...I might have to do it anyway...

The Mom of 'em said...

Ok - first of all - don't you LOVE your stroller? I went with a side by side too...but a different brand - LOVE IT! Also - you have the most adorable girls I've ever seen! (well....besides my own - ha). Thank you for the nice compliment on my blog - not creepy at all - I completely understood and was FLATTERED!!!!

The Mom of 'em said...

oh - and My picks WERE (in order)...Jason, Fred, Graham. That's the order I WANTED her to like them anyway. But she blew it w/Fred....and Jason I LOVE....so she'll probably end up w/Graham in the end...hopefully not that other guy Jeremy - his eyes are dead...i don't trust him.

The Mom of 'em said...

Also - "you are really breaking my heart right now." "This really breaks my heart." Enough already, DeAnna! Ha....you crack me up - love your comments.

Our Three Girls said...

Two precious girls! Love the family pic at the wedding!