Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Beer Belly, New Car Seat, Sunny Days

Man, I think Lucy needs to lay off the booze. She's got quite the beer gut. It kind of just hangs over the waistband of her elastic pants. Charles and I need to stage an intervention. Maybe we'll do it on A&E's Intervention show. That way she won't be able to talk her way out of it. Seriously, look at that face. If she told me to eat mud, I probably would.



Lucy was getting way too big for her infant seat. So, Sunday Charles and I decided to go ahead and get her a convertible. It was rated high by Consumer Reports AND is cute to boot. At first she was sad to say goodbye to the ride she's had the last seven and a half months, but...

when she saw how much cuter and more comfortable this new one is, she changed her tune.

Monday and Tuesday we met friends at a couple of local parks. Lucy decided to take full advantage of the warm sunny weather by wearing her cha-cha halter. Don't worry she wore SPF 50 on both days.
"Blinded by the Sun" Baby...

"Tickled Pink" Baby...

Serious Baby...

Mouthy Baby...

"Just Got Caught with her Hand in the Cookie Jar" Baby...

Worried Baby...

Posh Baby...

Tuesday, after a long afternoon with friends, jungle gyms, and long walks, Lucy decided to "catch some rays" while napping. As little as Goose naps/sleeps/rests, Mom is just way too paranoid about sunburns. We packed up shortly thereafter and made the trek home. We've had a such a good time with friends these last two days.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hahahahaha, I couldn't stop laughing at how cute she is!

So stylish, so much attitude, I just want to eat her up!

The Schwengels said...

Wish my belly was that cute! :)

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Cute ride!!! I love the new seat and Preston and I had a great time at the parks! Hope to see you tomorrow!! Jen and PReston

Our Three Girls said...

Very cute, Miss Lucy! I'm jealous of your carseat! Rowan got her sisters' hand-me-down carseat...so I'm not showing her this post! SSSHHHHH!

Love you!

Micah and Beth said...

She is so cute. I think I would eat mud if she told me too as well. I just love the cookie jar shot and the shot where she's squinting her eyes. What a funny girl!